Acceptance of Terms – Welcome to the Terms and Conditions for RF Autos Ltd (“Agreement”). By entering in to a contract with Us either by face to face transaction at Our Place of Business, or any form of Distance Contract, You agree to abide by this Agreement. This is a legally binding agreement between You and Us. This information is also available on our website (www.rfautosltd.co.uk)
Definitions – a. “We”, “Us”, “Our” and “RF Autos Ltd” shall refer to RF Autos Ltd whose registered number is 12718021 and registered office is, 30-34 Narborough Road South, Braunstone, Leicester, LE3 2FN
- “You” and “Your” shall refer to You personally, being the customer or prospective customer desiring to purchase Goods from Us. c. “Goods” are used vehicles supplied by Us plus any ancillary products or services.
- Satisfactory “Merchantable Quality” is defined by the condition of the Goods being at a level that is deemed to be satisfactory and fit for purpose, when consideration is taken for the age and mileage of the Goods. This does not under any circumstances affect Your rights pursuant to the consumer rights act 2015.
- “Payment Method” is by Debit/credit cards, Bank Transfer or Cash.
- “CRA” is the Consumer Rights Act 2015.
- “Place of Business” represents any place where We trade with face to face interaction with You and where Our Goods are presented for retail to the general public.
- “Distance Contract” represents any form of sale conducted by Us to You that does not include any face to face contact from (and including) an initial order being raised on a vehicle until the time of delivery or collection of the Goods at which point Our contract is concluded. In these cases the contract is governed by both the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 and Distance Marketing Regulations 2004 as appropriate.
- “Specification” represents the accurate description of the vehicle make model and derivative of the vehicle and any manufacturer fitted feature of the vehicle such as, but not limited to, engine; colour; wheel size; upholstery; equipment or other feature that has a material effect on the valuation of the vehicle.
Orders and Deposits – 2. In You placing an order it enables Us to remove a vehicle from retail sale to the general public and allocate a reserved status. To do this a deposit is required from You, the amount of the deposit required is subject to variation at the sole discretion of Us. On receipt of the deposit monies we will remove a vehicle from sale to the general public for a period no longer than 7 days. A) Once a deposit is placed by You in order to hold a vehicle following viewing or test drive (commitment to purchase) the deposit becomes non-refundable in order to cover all costs involved with vehicle preparation, advertisement and loss of sale.
Payment – 3. The deposit having been paid upon the placing of an order then the balance payable is to be paid by You prior to delivery of the Goods or on Collection of them.
Part Exchange – by You delivering a used vehicle to Us, such used vehicle shall be delivered and accepted upon the following conditions: a. That, after examination of Your vehicle and inspection of the accompanying documentation at the time of any agreement being made as to a valuation by Us. We will conduct our own checks using industry standard ownership verifications to seek confirmation of any Finance Interest placed on the vehicle, however this does not waive Your disclosure obligations under this agreement. d. If a cancellation is invoked under this agreement and the amount paid to the Finance Company under clause 5(b) or 5(c) as the case may be, exceeds the value agreed in part exchange of the vehicle, You are liable to Us for the differences between these amounts with the payment needing to be made within thirty (30) days of You sending notice to cancel this agreement either under clauses 7, 8 and 9 or in line with Your statutory rights. e. Where Your vehicle is sold to Us with a Private Number Plate it is Your responsibility to make arrangements with the DVLA for the transfer to take place before sale, we cannot be made liable for its new ownership Whilst an indicative price can be estimated for Your vehicle based on Your description and mileage provided, a final valuation in these instances will not be provided until a physical inspection of the vehicle has taken place by a RF Autos Ltd employee or representative. a. There is a duty of care for You to return the Goods in a condition commensurate with that at the time of Collection. We reserve the right, entirely at Our own discretion, to charge You any amounts required to return the Goods to their condition at the time of delivery. b. A usage charge will be applied relating to the mileage that the vehicle has been driven under Your ownership, representing the increase in miles during the period between collection of the vehicle by You and the subsequent return of the vehicle, as evidenced by the odometer at the time of return and the original mileage as documented at the point of collection. The mileage charge will be up to 100 miles = no charge. Over 100 miles £0.50 per mile thereafter. c. If We agree to recover the vehicle We reserve the right entirely at Our own discretion to charge a collection fee that will reflect our costs of collection from Our Place of Business to Your place of residence. These charges will also be subject to VAT. d. All documentation provided with the Goods at time of delivery is returned at the same time as the Goods. If You fail to produce these, We will charge an extra fee to cover loss of vehicle value. This amount will be priced according to the value of the vehicle at the time of Your purchase. e. An agreed date and time for a return or collection of a vehicle will be made between You and Us which will be no more than 10 days from the notification by You of the cancellation. f. In order to serve notice to Us to invoke Your rights to return Your Goods, make a complaint or any other formal correspondence this needs to be put in writing and sent via recorded delivery for the attention of the Secretary at the address shown on Your invoice or alternatively via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In Your complaint please make it clear the nature of Your complaint, the registration of Your vehicle (if relevant) and Your contact details.
- Any vehicles which show an issue / fault within 6 months of purchase and in which a valid Warranty (facilitated by Us) exists, You agree to pursue a claim directly with the Warranty company. Only when an outcome is reached by the Warranty Company will We be able to advise You directly on the specified issue / start our own course of action. If You are unable to locate a VAT registered repairer (non-dealership) We encouraged You to advise Us directly where We shall endeavour to book an Approved Third Party repairer. You agree to refrain from carrying out any repairs on your vehicle until authorised by Us and the Warranty company. All unauthorised works will be declined reimbursement. 11. We will try to resolve Your concerns as soon as possible, usually within 5 working days to explain what We are doing and when You can expect a resolution.
- Within 8 weeks We will call or write to You either with a final response advising You of Our findings, or an update on Our investigations and confirmation of when We expect to be able to provide a final response, if appropriate. b. If a Return of your vehicle is accepted, the refund will be calculated based on the full purchase price minus any applicable and reasonable usage costs which will be assessed and applied upon Return of your vehicle to Us.
Other – 13. The terms and conditions above do not abrogate or derogate from the rights afforded to You by the CRA, Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013, Distance Marketing Regulations 2004, Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations (2008) and all other statutory rights. 14. Whilst every effort is made by Us to produce up to date product descriptions and specifications, the website and other media should not be regarded as an infallible guide to vehicle products and services, nor does it constitute an offer for the sale of any particular vehicle.